Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 3

My Boss text me as I was driving to work today to tell me I have the day off. I thought, "Cool. Now I can research the charities." I'm a dork, I know.

Todays research was easier than yesterday BY FAR! It didn't take me long to find a bunch of childrens organizations. I tagged more than a dozen to dig into. Of those I narrowed it down to 2 that I am sending my first offers to.

St. Mary's Home for children

Betty F. Williams Elem.

St. Mary's is pretty self explanatory. The Elementary school is in a section of the city where poverty and crime are major hurtles. If one (or both) of these groups don't accept my offer, I will send an offer to Childrens Hospital. But I thought it would be good to offer it to smaller groups first. Emails have been sent!

Now for the reward ladder: (edited 8-27-14)
For those out there who don't know what Kickstarter is, check them out: Kickstarter 
But to quickly explain, when a "backer" pledges to donate to your campaign, they can get rewards depending on the denomination they pledge. The following are my rewards:

$10  4 x 8 Photo of mural in progress and printed thank you for your contribution.

$25  8 x 10 Photo collage of mural with printed thank you for your contribution.

$50  8 x 10 Photo collage mentioned above. White short sleeve t-shirt with printed graphic drawn by M.J.

$100  8 x 10 Photo collage mentioned above. White short sleeve t-shirt mentioned above. Access to daily video updates while the St. Mary's Mural is in progress.

$250  8 x 10 Photo collage mentioned above. White t-shirt mentioned above AND White coffee mug with printed graphic drawn by M.J. Access to daily video updates while the St. Mary's Mural is in progress.

$500  All the rewards mentioned above AND Custom airbrushed portrait of any person/pet of your choice, by M.J. 19” X 24”, 96 lb, acid free, archival quality paper, shipped in tube mailer.





Ok... Not bad for 3 days work. 

Day 4 Goal:
Clean up the graphic for the T-shirt and Mug rewards.


No comments:

Post a Comment